[Dailydrool] vacuuming, teeth cleaning, new drool words

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at Delmonte.com
Fri Aug 1 10:25:18 PDT 2008

Seems the vacuum gets out once a week, if we are lucky.   I try at least once a week because 3 dogs and 2 cats can create dust bunnies that would send anyone running scared.

This next week, we are doggy-sitting my brother in laws goldens.  When they walk or shake their tail, they leave tuffs of fur.  Soooo, you can imagine what my floors and windows will look like this time next week!  The only time fur or slobber bothers me is when I have black on for work. Other than that, like someone else mentioned, dog hair is a part of my life and I have fully embraced it!

Teeth cleaning is new to me, so I have appreciated the info about that lately.  As just being within my first 1 1/2 years with a basset, I didn't realize how quickly plaque can build up on his back teeth.  This past week, I pulled his choppers open and went UGH.  I bought a kit from Petsmart, just to see what he would do and used the finger thing on a few of his back teeth.  I think he actually enjoyed the rubbing feeling on his gums and teeth.  Schroeder has been in chew mode lately so I think maybe this rubbing feeling might have helped soothe him.
I also got peanut flavored toothpaste....we love love love peanut butter.

Finally, I'm seeing some new words - molting and there was another word - Tuffies or something like that - being pulled out of the dogs.  I am sure they both have something to do with shedding terminology, but they are just new to me.  My boxers have never really shed quite like my basset.  I did buy a shedding blade this summer that works wonders on Schroeder.

Have a nice weekend droolers!

We send love and drool to all those in need.

Annette, Schroeder, Maya & Cassie