[Dailydrool] All that hair

Anne Savidge AnneSavidge at dcccd.edu
Fri Aug 1 10:30:19 PDT 2008

When we lived on an Air Force base in Japan, my sister Susan (in high school at the time) worked one summer at the combination animal shelter/kennel on the base. There was one dog who was being boarded there (Susan probably still remembers her name!) who loved to be raked---yes, raked---with that ordinary garden implement. I don't recall her being a particularly large dog, but I think she was some kind of husky or samoyed cross that had rather thick fur.

I'm sure Susan will chime in here and set me straight if I got it wrong---but I distinctly remember the raking part.

Auntie Anne