[Dailydrool] Nature's Variety

Suzique2u at aol.com Suzique2u at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 14:20:42 PDT 2008

I feed Nature's Variety, but it is the Lamb and Oatmeal kibble in a yellow
bag. The pet store I frequent is called Pet People here in Columbus, OH.  I
was feeding Royal Canin until Sally had a bout with IBD and our Vet Tech (who
also manages this store) suggested this food.  Thirty pounds cost $47 here,
including tax. Both of mine like it well enough.  She also suggested some
canned New Zealand green lamb tripe at $2.50/can.  I was OK with this until  I read
on here that the heating process in canning kills any beneficial enzymes  of
the lamb tripe. I will be checking with her tomorrow when I go back to buy
more, but maybe no more lamb tripe.  I don't do raw either, except for the
wonderful frozen bones this store also carries (I think the brand is Primal
Meats, but they have a bunch of raw stuff, including turkey necks.) I buy these
bones that are hormone and preservative free.  Two large bones are $12. If  you
ever need your hounds to be occupied for 3-4 hours, these bones are  great.
Although with Sally I limit her "chew time" to about a half an hour  at a time.
 This store also carries raw frozen patties, but I'm not  convinced I can do
a good job with raw, but there are many Droolers who can give  you excellent
advice if you go this route.  Hope this  helps!

Read reviews on AOL Autos.