[Dailydrool] Tink the Cat

rebecca lando rebecca.lando at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 11:39:53 PDT 2008

Hi Heather,
I wonder if it would help at all to put up "MISSING" posts with info on
Tinkerbell, a photo of her, and in big letters, "REWARD FOR INFO." It's
possible the lady who took your cat truly thought she was doing a good deed
and Tink was being neglected; maybe if she saw signs up showing how much you
do care (and the incentive of a reward) she'd bring Tink home. Or you could
get really aggressive with your signs and write "STOLEN" instead, a
description and photo of Tink, a physical description of the lady who took
her, when/where it happened, and write in big letters, "REWARD FOR
INFO/TINK'S RETURN. NO QUESTIONS ASKED." It couldn't hurt, right?

Someone tried to steal Humphrey from me once, when he was about 3 months
old. I had tied him outside a coffee shop for all of 5 minutes and was
keeping my eye on him from inside the whole time. Through the window, I saw
a woman trying to untie Humphrey's leash and ran out. When I asked her what
the hell she was doing, she said, "Picking up my puppy, Buddy." I just about
went ballistic on her. I threatened to call the cops if she didn't get away
from him, and luckily, she left. Good thing, too; we'd only had Humphrey for
2 weeks and didn't have his tags yet; there was no way I could have proved
that the pup was Humphrey and not this phantom "Buddy."

Good luck and I hope you get Tink back, by whatever means necessary.

-Rebecca & Humphrey