[Dailydrool] Pet therapy

White, Randee randee.white at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sat Aug 2 17:19:45 PDT 2008

Marlene,  Don't worry about Annie not passing the pet therapy certification test the first time around.  I assist with a pet therapy course that we do 4 times a year.  The majority of the teams fail the first time they test.  No matter how relaxed you feel, you're nervous and it goes right down the leash to the dog.  Annie probably sensed something wasn't quite right and was unsure what was going on.  Dan and I have been pet partners for 2 years now, I help teach and test, and when we recertified, I was still nervous!  You can take the test again,and again.  Don't give up.  I'm sure you'll do fine the next time and pet therapy is wonderful.  I'm sure others will tell you the same thing.  Good Luck!  Randee and the White House Gang and Dan (I like goin' to see the sick peoples, they give good ear scritches)