[Dailydrool] How to get a basset to eat..........

Pollyaanaa at aol.com Pollyaanaa at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 13:31:37 PDT 2008

Ok, I know.  This isn't usually a problem.  They'll eat whatever  isn't
nailed down.  But, in the rare times that there is a problem, I have  found a
solution.
Our Sam(antha) likes to beg, yeah, big shock.  If I am standing at the
counter cutting something, she wants it.  The other day it was  celery.  She isn't
a fan of the green vegies.  I gave her a piece,  explaining that she didn't
like it.  She took it in her mouth, chewed a  bit, then left it on the floor
with that look.  You know the look.   "Hey, what was that?!  Give me something
better!!!"   Well,  instead of doing that I simply tried to take the celery
away.  I said to  her if you aren't going to eat it, I will give it to the kitty.
That is  enough for her, she ate it.  She has eaten broccoli this way.  Last
night it was a piece of banana I was smashing for bread.  She likes  bananas,
they're in her frosty paws for pete's sake, but not in it's original  form I
guess.  Try to take it away and she'll eat it.  Oh, peas  too.  If you want it
she'll eat it.  She kills us.

Lori.....thinking...what can I try next?
Sam(antha)....mmm, crunch, blech, mmm, crunch, blech....slurp.
Tater & Hazel...the not wannabeez.  We only eat our food....ok,  and bacon
bits too.

Read reviews on AOL Autos.