[Dailydrool] Dog fur

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Tue Aug 5 12:59:26 PDT 2008

<<I keep telling him that nobody's ever died of dog hair!>>

I think I am doing a scientific test on this subject. Since the doctor put me on the latest a-fib medication, I have been incredibly lethargic. I had surgery, hoping to put the medication behind me, but I have to stay on it for about another month. On top of that, the surgery I had means I have not been able to lift anything. Bending over is a real challenge, too. Between it all, housekeeping is nearly impossible.

The dog fur in this house is really embarrassing. I've actually come to the point where I'm looking forward to being able to vacuum, and I hate to vacuum!

BUT no one has died from this frenzy of fur. We have not pulled clumps of fur out of our food. We haven't swallowed them either. Sure, I occasionally wash off a dish before I put food in it, but that's been the worst.

Most of the fur congregates like a litter of bassets in out-of-the-way places. When I'm feeling up to it, I Swiffer it away or grab the clumps and place them in the garbage. But someday I really will be taking out the Dyson and gathering up the litter of unwanted puppy furs.

If fur made the dog, we'd have a rescue full of them. Fortunately, it just fills the vacuum, when we get around to it.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets