[Dailydrool] powerful hounds!

Gorney shadedog at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 7 07:39:50 PDT 2008

Milo here...Little Tracker is in the "dog house" but mom won't tell him that. On Sunday the dadslave was walking us with 15' flexis and harnesses at the park and mom met us there. She whistled from about 50' away and when Tracker got all wiggley dadslave locked the leash and let him do a mad dash to mom. She hugged him and picked up the leash. THEN IT HAPPENED...Trackerdog did a 180 and ran full tilt back to dad & me and mom didn't let go. OUCH! Almost a faceplant right in the dirt (decomposed granite) in the picnic area. Well, we ran back but by then mom who is very resilient but very embarrassed sat up to assess the damage.
Not being a spring chicken she wiggled everything and found nasty bloody scratches on right knee, elbow and left hand and of course very filthy. AND being a good sport she finished the walk. Now, didn't anyone else come a running to see the damage? Noooo...just us 4leggers and dadslave.
Mom here...It's Thursday and I still have big scabby scratches that I hide under long sleeves and trousers. Thank goodness I wear that stuff to work. Also thank goodness it wasn't more serious and just a cleanup and some tea tree oil did the trick. Gosh, after all these years I had brain fade and forgot how powerful a 62 lb four year old Basset could be.

Sue, Dave, Milohound(I'm the good boy), Trackerdog(I was just excited) and The Shadedog(laughing at us atb)