[Dailydrool] Chloe

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Thu Aug 7 13:28:30 PDT 2008

Kristi - if this behavior of Chloe's (which from what you said seems to
be perfectly normal behavior for a pup her age) is really bothering you
that much, you may not be the right person to raise her.  More than
likely, it'll get worse before it gets better...because that's just how
a puppy is.  She'll tear up some things, eat a few of your nice shoes,
destroy garbage all over the house, pee on your carpet, and doG forbid
she gets sick and liquid comes spewing out of both ends!!!  I'm not
trying to scare or intimidate you, only to help you figure out if you
are really what's best for her.  What you are describing doesn't sound
that bad, but to me, I would jump in front of a bullet for my dogs, so
my perception is skewed.  If you're not that person, or you don't see
yourself ever being willing to sacrifice the freedom of coming and going
when you please in order to care for your puppy that needs you as her
momma right now, then it may be that it's just not right for you, and
that's ok.  Don't wait until she's so attached that your giving her up
will cause her distress.  She seems like the sweetest little thing and
she deserves every chance at a happy, spoiled rotten, loving home where
she will thrive, and the chances of her finding that are best when she's
small and cute.  Do what's best for her.  No one will blame you for it.
At least you realized it now rather than later.  Good luck!

Jessica L. Sutton

Momma to Diva and Sophie - who are my children.  My furry, fat, short,
spotted, long ear'd beautiful children.  Unconditionally