[Dailydrool] Dogs and Alcohol

Charlie Meyer charlie at droolassicpark.com
Sat Aug 9 16:11:18 PDT 2008

Back in early 2000, before rescue and BROOD, I bought a puppy from a
BYB (before I knew what BYBs were), named her eeyore (ATB).  I was
still living inside the Beltway (Northern VA).  As a wee puppy, I used
to stash eeyore in a satchel and sneak her on the Metro (Pre-9/11;
probably be renditioned by the CIA to Gitmo for that now.  Ah, but I
had been a naval officer and had been to Gitmo before.)

There's a watering hole called Rumors (19th & M) in DC. A 'fern bar"
with a rep as a "meet market".  I slung gin in a saloon on Capitol
Hill then, and pals of mine worked at Rumors.  One evening, eeyore got
out of the satchel where she was snoozing, and peed on the floor, with
loose change spilling from said satchel in the process.  Pals told me
about it later.  My response: "Hey. she's a bartender's dog.  She got
pished (ask Becky and Eleri what that term means if you've never been
on the other side of the pond), but hey, she left a tip (the change) ."

ETOH and doggies aren't meant for each other, but I remember the
stories. Yes, eeyore the puppy was a 'chick magnet', but I never saw
any action from it.  Mine are all teetotalers now.

Charlie