[Dailydrool] alcohol and dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 16:37:47 PDT 2008

Alcohol is not something dogs should have. They do not metabolize it
properly, not even the way we do which is sometimes not so properly, either,
judging by the size of hangovers. Alcohol is made from grapes-- at least
wine is-- which are themselves toxic. Their livers are not made to handle
booze. While I do not know of any dogs dying of  having a sip of wine or a
glass of beer, it really is NOT a good idea.
Cooper loves white wine. I have had to cut him off. It isn't pretty.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper