[Dailydrool] A little help please

balange balange at olemiss.edu
Sat Aug 9 20:31:39 PDT 2008

Ok, so Im now in over my head. I have 1 elder lab, 1 rescue
lab/chow mix with agression problems toward other dogs, 1 2
yr old basset had since puppy and 1 2 yr old basset that was
pulled from a shelter to go to an adoptor, which failed and
he is now sort of my dog. I have a husband on the other side
of the country training in the military, and a full time job
and full time classes. I love my dogs, all of them, but I do
not know what to do. I can't take them all for walks when I
get home becasue I work nights. The new basset sleeps in a
crate while I am gone, Drake and 1 lab in the fenced in
yard, and the lab/chow in the front with his setup (he must
be seperate from the others due to his agression, I am
working on it with a trainer, but he's not responding well)
I am overwhelmed. I dont feel like any of the kiddies are
getting the attention they need. I was good with the three,
but Ahroo-ba has really thrown a kink in it. I love him to
death, he is just a sweetiepie, love bug, everything I could
want. But He's more than I want right now. I am working on
housebreaking with him, but its hard with my work schedule
because I cannot go home in the middle of the day. he has
heartworms and needs to be treated, but I cant do that right
now either. I feel like a really bad person, and I need the
knowledge of fellow droolers to help me out here. Is there
really a time when you have to say enough? I dont want to
see him go anywhere, as he and Drake get along really well,
but not with Bo, not with Stryker, and he is stuck in the
crate too much, and that is just for me to sleep and go to
work. Any other time, he is in the backyard playing or in
the house with me. But it is a true puppy shuffle to keep A
and B from biting C, and D from running out the door when
you go to bring A in the house. Its well orchastrated, but I
think Ive hit that time that I asked about above. I tried
for weeks to find htis little fella somewhere to go before I
even introduced him to the other boys, and now Im afraid at
least Drake and I will be sad, but he deserves better,
doesnt he? Or am I just being too hard on myself?
Sorry this was so long, but Im a few bricks short of a truck
right now
slowly balding (haha) bambi and da boys
PS da Boys send drool and snooters to all in need, its hot
here in MS, so there is plenty to go around!