[Dailydrool] locks on fences

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 15:48:28 PDT 2008

Our fence is a tall wooden one. My husband installed a deadbolt lock on it just like the ones used on regular doors. When we are home, I throw the lock from the inside. When we leave, we lock it by key from the outside. We have installed a doorbell on the outside of the fence (one of those no-wire remote jobbies you can get at Home Depot) so that deliverymen and visitors can ring us when they want to come in. That being said, the last four times the gate has been left open (including the one time Bo escaped), it has been because my absent-minded husband has not only forgotten to lock the gate, he has left it wide open after passing through it. You can lead a horse to water, but...