[Dailydrool] Eye Question

RoseKH at aol.com RoseKH at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 08:10:47 PDT 2008

Hi Janis,

Annie used to have very goopy eyes, and my brother told me to add a
tablespoon of Apple Cider vinegar to her food.  I've done this twice a day  for a few
months and I swear that it works!!  Fred's eyes weren't as bad,  and the ACV
makes him sneeze, so I just give it to Annie.  I don't know why  it works, but
it seems too, and it's CHEAP!!  I've read that ACV is good  for digestion, and
Annie also has a sensitive stomach, so I figure it's an added  bonus.

I'm an optometrist and can't see why Saline or Eye Wash wouldn't be ok for
dogs.  If you have any concern, you can buy unpreserved saline, usually in  a
spray can, which has nothing in it!

Someone on the Drool also suggested brewing black tea, letting it cool,
dipping a cotton ball in it and using it to wipe the eyes.  I've done that  too
and it does clean them up!!

Rose

Read reviews on AOL Autos.