[Dailydrool] Otis and Nelly's Big Calendar Day

Linda ldianis at comcast.net
Mon Aug 11 20:33:11 PDT 2008

Today is my babies'  calendar day. August 12 is Otis's 4th birthday. Tho
he is a rescue, we are lucky to know his (almost) exact birthday,
because he was found wandering the streets as an 8week old pup, and his
various vet checkups confirmed (from the dates that teeth appeared) that
he was born within a couple of days of August 12. Otis has been in the
DD calendar now for 3 years, and Nelly with him for the last 2. Next
year we will  pass, to let someone else have our date.

To celebrate, the Oatalicious Panjandrum of Pandemonium, OEBE, will be
sharing banana/PB treats with his pal Nelly, and will have a romp at the
dog park. There will also be special belly rubs and ear massages
(yesssss). He will probably also play Napoleon, a game where he stands
up on a living room armchair, braces his front legs on the back of the
chair, juts out his barrel of a chest in a most Napoleonic manner, and
gazes about with nose in the air. (I think he is thinking of Clara).
Nelly then (1) runs to the base of the chair, (2) throws her head back
to gaze up at him in his glory, and (3) barks nonstop.
They enjoy that game.
Snooters to all,
Linda, with Otis and the Nell