[Dailydrool] Pills

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Tue Aug 12 11:42:15 PDT 2008

I agree with Pam, canned dog food works for us.  I buy the cheap store brand that is just a big lump of mush, with no "pieces" of anything in it.  Then I scoop some out with my fingers, and make 4 little meatballs:  3 are plain and one hides the dreaded pill. Then I holler "Meatballs!"  Frank and Sarah both come running, and they both get a plain meatball first.  Then I hand the pilled meatball to the sick dog, and the last plain one to the other dog, and everyone is just thrilled!  The second meatball goes down so fast that neither of them thinks to swirl it around in their jowls to check for pills :) If they start to suspect something, I just hold out my goopy fingers for them to lick, and the meatballs go right down so they can lick.

I always keep a can of dog food in the cupboard just in case.  I also agree with Pam that it's really gross, and it's hard to wash that c##p off your hands when you're done!

Nancy, owned by Sweet Sarah (still peeing - going to the vet on Thursday) and Frank the Tank (just fine now, thanks)