[Dailydrool] Silly Basset Song-see if you get this in YOUR head

taranoeld at aol.com taranoeld at aol.com
Tue Aug 12 12:24:27 PDT 2008

In light of the fact that Wally is visiting me this weekend, I offer the following, which I made up one day while rubbing the "lump of knowledge" and driving-to the tune of The Boxtops' "The Letter"-dumb, I know, but I bet you get it stuck in YOUR head

Give me a ticket to an aeroplane,
Ain't got time to take a fast train.
Lonely days are gone,
Bacon's goin' on, cause my basset wrote me a letter!

Don't care how much money I got to spend,
Got to get back to my Wally again.
Lonely days are gone,
I'm a goin' home, cause my basset wrote me a letter!

Well he wrote me a letter, his paw print on it saying "Slave Come Home"!
Listen mister can't you see I got to get back to my Wally today.?
Anyway!

Give me a ticket to an aeroplane.
Ain't got time to take a fast train.
Lonely days are gone,
I'm a goin' home, cause my basset wrote me a letter!? My basset wrote me a letter!

Tara, silly mom slave to Brad Pitt-like Wally Royal-the beautiful

PS-thrilled to hear about Chloe's adventures, and I'm glad she's adjusting!