[Dailydrool] Laundry

Courtney Willard courtney_willard at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 05:45:58 PDT 2008

Maggie is a laundry fiend. Especially for socks - thankfully she does not ingest them. If I leave a hamper within her reach she will shove her snout in there and rummage around until she finds some socks. I know it's a game because she doesn't just bolt once she has it, she waits until she makes eye contact with you and then takes off like a bat out of hell. Like Annette this has helped me train my husband not to leave his dirty socks on the floor.

It is also impossible to fold laundry anywhere near an awake Maggie. She'll grab whatever's free (pant leg, shirt sleeve) and give it a good pull and if I'm really lucky a nice long shake to really kill it. I've definitely had shirts and sweatshirts where one sleeve was longer than the other.

Neither of my bassets flat basset (I know, but I guarantee they're truly bassets). But when we're on walks and Maggie wants to watch or sniff something for longer than her dad will allow, she stops and pretends to pee. She has realized at some point that we won't tug if she has business to do. Does any one else's basset do this? Just curious.

I made some peanut butter treats last night, so we are in full drool production mode for those who need it! Congrats Brudder Elwood on your new brother - try to be kind. I know it's hard to resist getting the newbies in trouble, but be careful - you're mom is onto you! Yay Georgie - we're so glad it wasn't cancer! Celebrate with a good treat!

Courtney Bishop
Momslave to Gilbert, Maggie and Franny