[Dailydrool] Barley Jane and her crate

Kelly Jeanne Tate kell_jeanne at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 09:43:47 PDT 2008

Hi,I'm not sure if I'm sending this question to the correct address so that it reaches the Daily Drool group, but here goes!I have a new Basset Hound pup named Barley Jane.  She's an absolute sweetheart, until we put her in her crate.  I've had her for two weeks, and every night she has barked almost the whole night through.  I know crate training can be tough, but I'm starting to envy my friends who have easily crate-trained other breeds.  I've tried the spray bottle, the penny can, and ignoring.  I think what's happening is that since she's awake, she realizes she has to go potty, so she gets even more frantic.  I'm wondering if this is normal.  Also, what can I do?  I'm about ready to give up on the crate simply because I need some sleep.Thanks!Kelly