[Dailydrool] dog ouction

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Fri Aug 15 14:58:10 PDT 2008

Check your city and county ordinances (or
check with your county humane officer ) to see if this auction is legal in
your area.  I know that in

La Crosse
County

where I live, there is an ordinance against auctioning or raffling animals
or using animals as prizes.
Several years ago, the spouse and I were at our county fairgrounds
where the racetrack is, teaching 4-H dog Project classes on race
night.  We heard on the loud
speaker a reminder for everyone to keep there ticket stubs because later
in the evening one lucky attendee would win a puppy from our local puppy
mill!  We immediately ran
across the road to the gas station to call the local humane officer, who
came out and made them stop.
Unfortunately, they then announced for everyone to save their
ticket stubs because one lucky attendee would win a GIFT CERTIFICATE for a
puppy from our local puppy mill.
THAT we couldn’t stop.

crazy basset
lady