[Dailydrool] Drool please

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:54:28 PDT 2008

We're not sure how he did it, but Geoffrey hurt his neck last night quite
badly.  He was in so much pain he couldn't get off of his sofa in the night
and wet himself on it.  I heard whimpering at 2 am, went down and he's lying
in a big puddle.  I helped him off the sofa to the saddest yelp, brought a
dog bed down, and got him on it.  DH came down and laid on the floor and
cuddled him while I cleaned him up and threw the slipcover in the wash and
mopped up the couch.  Then I spent what was left of the night sleeping on
the floor with him.  Not sure whose neck hurt more in the morning, his or
mine.  He's on pain meds and prednisone for a while, and if he doesn't
improve my vet is going to refer him to a veterinary neurologist (he was
nice enough to give me the name of a veterinary neurology center that has 24
hour service...it's over an hour away, but if he worsens over the weekend at
least I have somewhere to take him).  The vet thought he might have slipped
a disk or strained a muscle.  He's doing a bit better on both.  Please send
drool for my big boy.

To add to our woes my mother-in-law's former feral cat came to live with us
last night.  She's become quite tame for an ex-feral, and very
affectionate.  My mother-in-law is moving to an assisted living community
and can't keep her.  I had a room with a baby gate to keep the bassets out,
etc. and a nice new cat tree for her, with a litter box and her food in
there.   Unfortunately I forgot to close the basement door last night and
during the night she slipped down there (I assume) and is hiding.  She was
in her room at 2:19 am when I went down to put the slipcover in the wash,
and I assume she can't open locked doors to get out of the house, so after
searching the entire house the basement is the only place that makes sense.
So after promising my mother-in-law I'd take good care of her I've lost her
in less than 24 hours.  Please send some come out from hiding drool for
Granny's kitty too (her name is Scooter but I've never heard anyone call her
anything other than "Kitty")  Thanks! Laura (Geoffrey, Molly, Henry,
Granny's missing kitty, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB))