[Dailydrool] My Calendar Girl

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 17 23:32:35 PDT 2008

As Neil Sedaka once sang on his 1960's hit record:
"I love - I love - I love my Calendar Girl - each and every day of the
year..."

The love of our lives - Amanda Lynn - is today's Daily Drool Calendar Girl
and Neil's words ring sooooooo  very true!

This incredible beauty came into our lives a little over 3 years ago after
my husband Fred found her wandering the streets on his way to work  -- less
than a mile from the house.  Only about 6 or 7 months old at the time - she
was skin and bones, literally covered in ticks, in heat, with close to every
infestation and infection known to puppies - except mercifully for
heartworms!  It was quite apparent that her previous owners had simply
dumped her off that morning to fend for herself.

Best yet, she was found a mere 2 weeks after we had helped our beloved Bob
Burns to the Bridge - rendering us "basset-less" for the first time in over
12 years!  No one will ever convince me that my "Kids at the Bridge" didn't
have something to do with our finding her!

Amanda Lynn has the disposition of an angel and there isn't a day that goes
by she fails to make us smile and thank God that she is ours...

Marilyn - loving Mom of Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns