[Dailydrool] Basset finding a comfy spot on the bed

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 10:55:42 PDT 2008

We have two bassets, Bo and Harley, and a cat, Lynx,  Bo sleeps next to our bed on the floor (On the bed is too warm for him).  Harley sleeps on the bed at the foot of the bed to the left.  Lynx the cat sleeps on the foot of the bed to the right.  The most fun part of the sleeping arrangement occurs when I first open my eyes in the morning.  Harley is watching from the foot of the bed, and when one of my eyes opens, he crawls up the length of the bed on his belly to settle on my chest.  Then he simply flops over to one side, so that he ends up on his back, all four feet in the air, lying in the cradle of my arm (which is in the perfect position to surround and hug him and give bellyrubs).  For his part, Harley's nose is in the perfect position to dispense snooter kisses to my and my husband's ears, which he proceeds to do.  It is a lovey way to wake up. At this point, Bo will generally climb up on the bed to join the fun, and Lynx will take off
 to some more private location to continue his nap.