[Dailydrool] Sleeping Houndies

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Tue Aug 19 08:29:09 PDT 2008

The day I brought Diva home, she was 3 months and 2 days old and was the
teeny-tiniest little thing!!  I had already decided at the moment I laid
eyes on her that she was a princess worthy of nothing less than full and
complete pampering.  Looking back, I guess I can't really be too upset
with her for acting like a spoiled brat...it's not her fault.  (snicker)
So, on night #1, adorned in her tiny pink t-shirt with "Diva" written in
glitter on the front, curled up in a pink fru-fru blanket, also bearing
her name, she laid right next to me on my pillow, and when I woke that
morning, she had snuggled her way up to my neck and buried her head
right under mine to where her little nose was touching my ear and I
could feel her breathing softly on my neck.  And there she stayed...even
now, at almost 3, she can't get close enough to me when she's sleeping.
She paws at me to get under the covers and won't stop until I lift up
the sheet and let her bury herself underneath it.  Diva came into my
life at a very sad and lonely time for me, and for anyone who is going
through something like that themselves, let me just say from experience,
there is nothing on earth as helpful and therapeutic as snuggling up
with a houndie who loves you unconditionally.  But forget about ever
having a bed to yourself again...

Sophie on the other hand, isn't much of a cuddler.  Every now and then
I'll get a few minutes of cuddling, then she's off to the other end of
the bed to stretch out and cool off!!

Jessica L. Sutton

Financial Management Professionals

6034 W. Courtyard Drive, Suite 380  -  Austin, TX 78730

(512) 329-5174  -office             (512) 329-5176   -fax

Jessica at FMProfessionals.com <mailto:Jessica at FMProfessionals.com>