[Dailydrool] Where we all sleep in our house

Barbara Sorensen b.a.sorensen at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 20 17:04:07 PDT 2008

>From Copper:

In our house, the mom and dad were trained years ago that if the basset wants to sleep on the bed, the basset sleeps on the bed.  This training was done by legendary First Basset Max (of blessed memory).  The legend goes that when Max came to live with mom and dad, they thought he would sleep in the bathroom.  He was only 7 weeks old (I know!) and they thought he couldn't make it through the night.  Well, he fixed 'um.  He whined and he barked and he fussed-until after four nights they gave in.  Mom went and got the little Max.  He settled down with his head on her neck and they all went to sleep-and Mom overslept and missed a business trip with her new boss.

These days, the places to sleep are: me, on the human bed as close to the top as I can be, with my head on a pillow.  Buddy, on his very own bed or in a closet.  Wilbur, on the human bed as close to the top as I'll let him, or on Buddy's bed if he isn't in it.  Duncan, on his own bed next to dad, or on Buddy's bed if it's available.

Copper, head hound at our house.
And that's the truth