[Dailydrool] Beagle comments

DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net
Fri Aug 22 15:13:53 PDT 2008

Rosie attracts many beagle comments because she is small for a basset (36 lbs.) due to malnutrition as a young dog.  They're usually delivered by smiling, happy people who say what a nice looking beagle she is.  Many times they will tell me about the beagle they had as a child.  Rosie just enjoys the attention and the head scritches and I enjoy hearing the people reminisce about their childhood dogs.

I'm always impressed by people who ask "is that a basset?", because she is so frequently mis-labeled.  And to be honest (shhhh, I don't want Rosie to overhear this) she is probably not the best representation of the breed.  But she's beautiful to me!  And she is definitely a connoisseur of "the look".

Debbie (Rosie, Chubby, Daisy & Zoe)