[Dailydrool] Peeing problem

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Fri Aug 22 16:26:08 PDT 2008

<<Now he is marking ALL over the house multiple times per day despite Nature's Miracle, Stanley Steemer, "bad pee"/"good pee".  This seems to have escalated since my daughter moved back home, which is weird since he really appears to love her.  I hate to confine him to one small area of the house or make him sleep outside (we have a fanced yard) but that seems to be the only answer unless anyone on DD has any other brilliant suggestion.>>

My first suggestion would be a visit to the vet. If this kind of situation comes up suddenly, it could be a medical problem that needs to be dealt with.

If it is not that, it's possible your baby has separation anxiety. In that case, locking him in a small area is not necessarily going to work. Our separation anxiety boy Belvedere just gets worse when locked up. Could it be that your fellow had formed an unusually strong attachment for your daughter and does this when she is not around?

For more information on separation anxiety, search the Web for "canine separation anxiety." There is lots of information out there. If you go down the checklists of what it means to have separation anxiety, you can figure out if this is your hound's problem.

It is unlikely that a hound will take well to being stuck in the yard, and this will not solve your problem. I would do all I could to discover what is causing it and solve the problem.

After many years, I discovered that Bel likes to have the TV on when I leave the house. Since I started doing that, the accidents have pretty much ended. Other than that, it's just a matter of getting him out when he says he needs to--he cannot wait long.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets