[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - Hosta Pasta

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Fri Aug 22 20:16:32 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

Ohhh - I am in Trouble with a capital T - but it is all Opie's fault!  Ya'
see, Mom has these big, pretty banana leaf Hosta plant things in MY big back
yard.  They have been there since before I was even born - I think 4324
nickzillion years.  They have big green leaves with white stripes.  Mom has
this fence around them so we don't walk through them.  Opie and I have
checked them out before - but just sniffing - not tasting.   Well, in the
past few days, the Hosta have started getting flowers on them - they are big
white flowers and are very pretty.  But the best thing is that they smell
really good - and Opie tasted them and told me they are yummy.  Soooo - I
decided to try them too!  Opie is right - they are YUMMY - but guess who got
caught???   ME!

Now I know what da Brudder Elwood means when he says his Mom's eyeballs get
fire coming out of them!  That's what happened to my Mom too!  I ran and hid
under the picnic table ---- 'til she went back in the house.  Then, Opie and
I started pulling the leaves off the Hosta and shredding them into long
pieces like spahg - spagh ==  like pasta!  That's it - Hosta Pasta!  It was
lots of fun - and yummy.  Then it happened - Mom snuck out the other door
and caught me making Hosta Pasta and Opie with his feet up on the little
fence collecting more "supplies".  We are both in "lock-down" tonight - but
tomorrow is a new day - and the twins are dog sitting us, and they don't
know about Hosta Pasta.

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys