[Dailydrool] Pup to adult Tilly

Bassetmomof2 at aol.com Bassetmomof2 at aol.com
Sun Aug 24 12:47:09 PDT 2008

Our Freddie is now 3 yrs and 3 months and he is MUCH calmer than he was in
his first year.  Although he will still steal food off the table if we  leave
it there and a chair is out.  We use baby gates and have the dogs  outside in
their yard or downstairs while we eat.  Especially with  kids.  Tilly may not
see the children as alpha.  It will be easy if  the Mom just puts the dog in
her crate or outside every time the kids are  eating.  Then she wont have to
worry about it.  Hopefully Tilly will  calm as she settles into her new life -
Now our Ellie doesn't climb on the  table but she will stick her paws and nose
up to it if left unattended.   Every dog is different who's to know when
exactly they get their brains and  respect for their family.

Best of luck to our friend.  I know it seems overwhelming.  I  thought I'd go
insane when Freddie was a baby.  I'm glad we made it through  and I wouldn't
dream of trading him for anything.  Even though he can still  be a "stinky
pete" when he wants to.

Helene, Freddie and Ellie

deal here.