[Dailydrool] Bassets as beagles

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Wed Aug 27 05:42:41 PDT 2008

It's been a long time since anyone mistook our Jane for a beagle. Somehow, when she was small, her bad breeding did make her look rather beagle-y, so I couldn't blame people for the mistake. But most folks around here ask what breed my guys are, instead of guessing wrong.

My brother came up with the best solution: Tell the beagle questioners that bassets are really stretch beagles. It'll make them laugh, and they'll probably never forget it!
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets (who are NOT beagles)