[Dailydrool] Pup peeing in crate

Ashley Collard acollard at charter.net
Sun Aug 31 09:11:25 PDT 2008

We lost our basset, Molly to a brain tumor last February. A week ago we
decided to call on a young male basset at a shelter 3 hours south of our
home. They had him neutered last Tuesday. We picked him up yesterday! He's
an absolute love-bug! He is 5 months old. The only real issue we are having
is that he is repeatedly urinating in his crate. The crate isn't too big, we
take him outside to potty on a regular schedule including after playing,
sleeping or eating. He has not defecated in his crate at all, just urinated.
We immediately change his blanket and clean the crate as soon as we notice
its happened. Any ideas? We do not know much about his background so I do
not know if he was crate trained (poorly) before. We do know that he was
only at the shelter for about a week and that he was left their by his
'breeder' who couldn't place him. He seems to be fairly okay with being
crated. He will whimper a little when we put him in but will quickly quiet
down. I'm just stuck on the peeing thing! We've never had a dog who would
just pee without any warning!

Ashley
happily enslaved again!

Check out our charity badge: