[Dailydrool] Poopsicles

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Wed Dec 3 11:36:17 PST 2008

CBL (crazy basset lady) wrote "If she is eating poop, it is unlikely to be because she is hungry. Mostly it's because she is #1 a girl canine (don't want to get censored by anyone's email program), and #2 she is a basset. When the poops freeze they become poopsicles. You will hear LOTS about poopsicles on this list over the next few months."

Becky, I'd never heard that it's the girls who eat poop, but that certainly fits our situation.  Sweet Sarah is a poop-eater-extraordinaire, and it doesn't matter if she just finished her whole bowl of dinner.  This morning it was 19-degrees outside, and I could see her munching on something in the yard.  Frank took one sniff and moseyed back toward the house.  Sarah kept munching, so I went out there in my slippers and bathrobe to holler at her to drop it.  She wouldn't, of course.  It was so frozen she was trying to chew it like a bone, with her molars.  Finally, I slipped and slid across the yard and threatened to bop her with the pooper-scooper, so she dropped it on the driveway and it went skittering across the asphalt.

GROSS!!  She's done it her whole life, and after 12 years, it's still GROSS!!

Nancy, owned by Sweet (hah!) Sarah, and very sweet Frank the Tank