[Dailydrool] Paws

Jessica Mackey jesslyn714 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 13 02:59:16 PST 2008

Happy Holidays Droolers,

I was getting a little behind on reading my DD, but ended up with the flu this week, so I have been able to get caught up on them while relaxing on the couch with Maggie Mae. (I love sick days!) I hope all of you who have been under the weather are feeling better soon!

Maggie Mae had an issue with her left paw a couple days ago, I'm not sure what happened. My husband noticed it bleeding close to the middle nail, but it is hard to see exactly where it was coming from because of the hair. We cleaned it with peroxide and I've been putting Neosporin on it (surprisingly, she does not lick it off). It's been 2 days and does not seem to bother her too much anymore. However, I wanted to clip her nails tonight because I thought maybe they were too long, and had caused the problem, but she did not want to have anything to do with that. Normally, she lets me clip them-no problem, but tonight she did not want me touching her left paw AT ALL! I held off on the clipping and couldn't really see any irritation or visual sore. I didn't put anything on it today either. Her left paw turns outward-could this possibly be causing some kind of sore between her toes because of the way her weight is put on it, or because of the length of her nails? I'm just a worried mom.

Carmen-The pictures of Kelvin on the way home remind me so much of what Maggie looked like when we brought her home in May. Thank you for saving this special guy! I can't wait to see updates on him! What you do to help these animals is amazing, thank you for being you.

Finally, we send drool out to those in need, especially to those mourning the loss of a special pet or taking care of a sick one. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Peace, Love and Drool-
Jessica (The Mama) &
Maggie Mae a.k.a. Maggles

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/857603]

Some of my favorite photos of Maggie Mae:
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h41/jesslyn714/?action=view&current=31506d3b.pbw