[Dailydrool] ear infection

Linda1annewhee at aol.com Linda1annewhee at aol.com
Mon Dec 1 16:59:58 PST 2008

My Betsy suffered from the pseudomonas ear infection for over a year   We
tried everything.  Believe it or not she did better when she was on  amoxicillian
then anything else.  Because she is in kidney failure certain  antibiotics
and surgery are out of the question  We finally used a T 9  solution and a
concoction that the vet mixed from an oral medication as she  couldn't take the
oral medication.  There is an antibiotic that treats this  but it can cause
aplastic anemia in humans so you have to wear gloves when  giving it to the dogs,
Betsy did well on this for a while but I got scared  about giving it to her.
Believe it or not, I finally gave up and it went  away on its own
                                           Linda
AOL.com.