[Dailydrool] To moderate or not

Jane & Marty Hay jhay at nc.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 07:49:06 PST 2008

Re. having moderators. Personally I think we're all adults who have differing opinions about
a variety of things and everyone needs to be respectful of each other, regardless if you
agree or not with the opinion that is expressed. I can only imagine the amount of time that
it must take for the mods to review every single email before it's included in the digest and,
if some of the rest of us aren't willing to step up and take on some of the burden, I don't think
we should expect those select few to do it either. I don't believe for a minute that they don't
have better things to do than to keep track of what we're writing to the Drool. However, I do
think that everyone should really think about what they're submitting. This is a basset forum
and should be all about the hounds and our love for them. We all need to agree to disagree
and then move on without flaming anyone or feeling like we have to get the last word in on a
particular subject. Even though our personal email addresses are shown when we submit
something, that does NOT give anyone the right to email someone privately to be nasty about
something that they don't agree with. If that does happen, it needs to be kept between the two
arguing parties. I do agree with Bob, if the forum becomes less basset related, I personally
won't subscribe any longer but that's my personal choice. It doesn't say much for all of us if we
can't be adult enough to really think about what we're submitting before we hit that send button.
No flames, please! I have the right to my opinion!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy, Ginger & foster Mandy