[Dailydrool] "I'll be home for Christmas...Adopt a Drooler"

L.K. Metzler toppogigio at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 10:41:36 PST 2008

One of my favorite Christmas songs is "I'll Be Home for Christmas"...it always makes me cry--doesn't matter who sings it, and I've never missed a Christmas at home.  Missing Thanksgiving at home a couple of times was bad enough.  But anyway, on to the reason for my post--it's more Drooler-related than hound-related--but onward...

I was struck by a couple of posts on the last issue (vol 35, issue 9) that made me kind of sad...  Bob Fritz wrote about his daughter not being able to get home from college for Christmas, and "Bill"' wrote about his friend Dianne who had lost her job, and I thought, "How about 'adopting' a Drooler for the holiday?"  There must be Droolers near where Bob's daughter is or where Bill's friend Dianne is (or anyone else) that might have a little extra space for another person for Christmas...  Even if it is a phone call and exchange of phone numbers or a quick visit to them in their home, it would probably mean a lot to know that they aren't "alone" for the holiday.  Of course, the cards are also a nice way to make contact, but if there is a way to make a more personal contact, please consider it.

Those of you who know of people who might be alone for the holidays, let us know where they are. There are Droolers just about everywhere, so we've got quite a network.  Droolers are such a wonderful and caring group of people, surely we can extend our family just a bit more...   It makes a difference.

Let "Operation Adopt a Drooler" begin.....  Just think:  more hands to do belly-rub duties!!  Surely the hounds would approve.

Lisa Metzler

Penelope, Jasmine, Pelly, and Addie-Lou Roo the Baby Kangaroo Basset---"We vote for more belly rubs!!!"

L.K. Metzler
San Marcos, TX
toppogigio at yahoo.com

"A dog wags its tail with its heart." - Martin Buxbaum

"If dogs could talk it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one." -- Andy Rooney