[Dailydrool] Maggie's mom doing the happy dance and request

Leah McConnell lmcconnell at centurytel.net
Tue Dec 9 17:02:34 PST 2008

I am so sorry it took so long to give everyone the good news. Maggie the
Evil Empress of the San Juan Islands is on the mend and I have been doing
the happy dance since yesterday. She developed pancreatitis from grabbing 3
dinner rolls off the kitchen counter. I got the diagnosis on Sunday morning
when she went in for ther daily IV of fluids and antibiotics. She has been
on solid food since yesterday and has kept the food and water down. Tomorrow
she is allowed to have a treat. She is on special food now and should be bad
on her regular food by the end of the week. She is probably going to throw a
hizzy fit when I take my memory foam pad and put it back on top of the bed -
I have been sleeping on it on the living room floor since Wednesday night so
I could be with her if she needed me.

Thanks for the drool, the candles, the emails and the prayers. Her Uncle Ken
even came over and gave her a Reiki treatment. She was so weak on Friday
night we all thought she was going to die.

Can someone plese send me the name and address of the little girl with
cancer and the wonderful dog who won't be having much of a Christmas. Maggie
insisted that we send her a card (with a basset on it no less). I would also
like to hear from other Droolers who have houndies that had  pancreatitis so
I know what to do from now on. Maggie is a champion counter cruiser.

Leah, the happy momslave of Maggie the Evil Empress of the San Juan Islands
OEBE ( but mom it wasn't my time to go to the bridge yet) and Rusty ATB