[Dailydrool] be nice to the rescue people

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Thu Dec 11 06:54:20 PST 2008

People who do rescue put in a lot of hours and spend a lot of time.. and
I personally put out a lot of my own money month after month. While I
work with a 501C; sometimes we rescue mill or auction dogs as just plain
rescurers. Being in the rescue community means you need a thick skin.
Every group has their personalities and policies; everyone needs to
learn to respect and appreciate why they have these policies. Every
state has their own rules and regulations... we need more rescue
people.... not less.

So please be kind to rescuers...none of us are making money and
travelling to exotic places on the money raised or made through
adoptions. (I can hear some snickers from the rescuers - most of us
constantly are thinking how are we going to find enough money to pay for
the vetting, or save that dog) and for me, I don't shop for new clothes,
and I didn't get a new car but I did save more basset hounds..

Helena Poist
Proplanner
2321 North Loop Drive
Ames, IA 50010