[Dailydrool] Kevin's here

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Fri Dec 12 13:17:09 PST 2008

Well we are home and have been for a few hours. Kelvin is in bad shape.
He weighs in at 37 pounds, up 3 from 12/4 according to the release
papers. The receptionist at the clinic was rather gracious when I told
her who I was picking up. She kept thanking me for pulling him and
giving him a chance. She let me know he had been nothing but sweet for
them and that he should just need groceries to liven back up.
He should weigh 55 to 60 pounds for his size and structure, so he's
about 20 pounds under weight.
This vet did a different type of neuter than I've seen done so far. He
leaves the scrotum intact instead of removing it with the testicles,
less of a strain on the system apparently.
He started coughing about halfway home, I figured it was the sun heating
up that flea dip mess in his hair because I was even coughing a bit. He
has diarrhea really bad and it was encrusted all under his tail and down
his legs so he got a much needed butt wash when we got here, as well as
a rinse of his feet since they were nasty too. I got his ears mostly
clean and there is no infection there but one of his eyes is goopy.
He hasn't really stopped coughing yet. Don't think it's kennel cough
though. I'm going to wait until hubby gets home to hunt down the
stethoscope and see what's going on. Kelvin is currently a trembling
velcro dog that still smells like turpentine.
I haven't taken many pics yet or introduced him to the others, want to
give him a little time to rest before all that. I did get a couple of
shots though:
On the drive home
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3307a.JPG
http://krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF3308a.JPG