[Dailydrool] Murphy The Knight With the Chunk Missing From His Ear

Robin rsteavens at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 12:19:26 PST 2008

Murphy, formerly known as the KWTCMFHE went to the Bridge in November.  I have not had the heart to send this email, but knew the time was now.

He was sick the last month, first with swollen face, jowls and chest, after that went down his stomach started swelling.  VEt decided it was his heart, so we put him on Lasix and enapril(SPEL?)

It was a challenge to get him to eat something, finally the last two days he wouldn't eat, but he sure wanted to walk.  Thursday November 6th we went for a long walk, he eneded going swimming (he loved to swim), so I took him home, towels him off and bought him a jacket.

Friday around 11:00 we went out for another long walk, we were gone over an hour, just meandering around the property and ended back at the pond, where he promptly jumped in and started swimming (with his coat on).  I finally got him out and his coat back on and back in he went.  I decided it was time to end out walk, so we headed home (with much coaxing).  We had almost made it back when he sat down and started throwing up.  He stomach started to swell and I knew he was bloating, so I rushed back to the house, grabbed my car and got him in.  Since his age and health were against him, it was time to let him go.

I sure miss my handsome boy.  He was my first foster for MBR and my first soul dog.  I was meant to be his and he mine.  Though I still have 7 others, Murphy will always be the first and best loved basset.

Robin Steavens (Basset Mom)I am never alone, as long as I have a dog by my side...