[Dailydrool] Why did Sadie leave me?

Yolanda yolandalyons at tm.net
Sun Dec 14 19:23:41 PST 2008

You know, dear one, there is no answer for your question.  But it is certain
that Sadie would not want your Mom to feel guilty or at fault.  Those things
just happen sometimes.  The important part is that your Mom still has you to
care for and to love, and it sounds like you could really use some loving
right now.  You love your Mom just as much as Sadie did, but you just show
your love for her differently.  That's not a bad thing, little one.  We
humans do the same thing.

No one knows if Sadie wanted to leave when she did, but apparently God
wanted her to leave then.  That is something we can't control.  No amount of
prayers or bargaining with God will change His plans for us.  The really
important part is that you are still here and your Mom is still here; that
means that you both must take care of each other.  Sadie is being taken care
of at the Bridge, and she would want you both to go on with your lives
together.  You may not think you are as good of a friend to your Mom as
Sadie was, but that is not true; now is the time for your Mom to make a new
friendship with you so that you will be close to each other.  Why?  Because
you both need each other, now more than ever.

So, dear Penny, don't let this chance pass you by.  You and your Mom both
need to look at each other for a long time, decide what kind of a
relationship you want, and then help each other through this tough time in
your lives.  You are the big girl of the house now, Penny; I hope that you
and your Mom come through this and find yourselves closer than you ever have
been.  That's what Sadie would want, not all of the hurt and pain that she
is seeing now.

Good luck, sweet Penny -

Yolanda Lyons