[Dailydrool] I've created a monster

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Tue Dec 16 06:57:58 PST 2008

I'm a bit shaken.  How do you guys get your hounds to relinquish things?

Alfie won't give anything up. Full stop.

I've just tried to get a stray pop-sock from him and was nearly bitten in the process.  I got plenty of growling as warning and when I wouldn't leave him alone, he kinda went 'in zone' and I would have copped it if I hadn't had moved away.  This is the worse I've ever seen him.

I hate to say this but he scared me.  He has GOT to learn to relinquish not just for me but for others too.  This is dangerous.

This is obviously my fault and I need to correct it. Smartish.

Of course, now he's eaten the sock he is all sweetness and light and wanting some loving.

Hilary