[Dailydrool] Senior Doc Holiday and this and that

Jenny Dill jennyrjd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 18:50:50 PST 2008

Hi all---first off my prayers and tears and heart felt condolences go out to
all the mompersons and dadpersons and families that have lost their beloved
furbabies recently.  There is nothing I can say to make it better but still
I am so sorry for you.  I haven't been on the daily drool for long but I
already feel a part of the family.  Secondly Doc and Charley send massive
amounts of drool to the freezing parts of the country so the power will come
back on!!!

My DH and I went to the vet today for more pain meds for Doc.  We got to
talk to the vet and I feel much better about what is ahead for him.  Dr.
said his kidneys, liver, etc are all good so if we can just keep him moving
and active then he can keep trucking along!  I told him that his appetite is
very good still and  he is moving quite alot.  Especially at night!  He
likes to walk around the house and also sometimes walk around outside or
just go sit outside in the middle of the night.  To come in from outside he
heads to the fence and follows it around till he reaches the patio.  (pretty
smart huh?)  We are giving him tramadol as needed for pain and also got some
dexamethasone for the arthritis?  He seems to tolerate it (not throw up)
well.

Thanks for all of your help and for writing me about Doc and how to help
him.

Love-

--
Jenny (Doc & Charley's mawma)