[Dailydrool] Rescue Site

dke ellathebasset at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 05:37:49 PST 2008

I am so happy to hear one of the basset rescues won part of the grant!   I went on every day, clicked for my bowls of food and voted for Senior Houndsabound in Florida.  Sorry to hear there was only one rescue for bassets that won.  We will all just have to try harder the next time.

Counter Cruising.......This is definitely inbred.   I bought the most beautiful pair of shoes a couple years ago.  I had them sitting on the floor the day I was finally going to wear them for the first time.   Unfortunately, at some point I put them on the kitchen counter (don't ask why, senior moment I guess).  Poof gone and chewed within the hour.   I had company that day and they were amazed that I did not even say any thing to Ella Louise as I grabbed that beautiful shoe out of her mouth.   They could not believe I just calmly walked away and went to put different shoes on (Not nearly as beautiful and the one hanging in shreds in my hand).  When asked, my answer was calmly, "anything on the kitchen counter is fair game.  I should have known better".   I think they thought I was the weirdest woman in the world, but who cares.   Shoes have never been put on the counter since.  I may be weird but I am not stupid.

Diane, mom to Ella Louise

Ella Louise here, I wood a pweferred some foodies, but toys are okay too!