[Dailydrool] Avery's back ... Thank you for the drool and thoughts

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 06:34:03 PST 2008

To all who sent good thoughts and drool to my Avery the mini-doxie, I want
to say thank you. For those who don't remember, Avery is 11 and has been
dealing with one bad thing after another, most recently Cushing's Disease
and high blood pressure. She was ailing a few weeks ago, and my fear was
that she wouldn't make it long enough to see my sister return from a three
month stint in Japan. Avery was Melanie's Christmas present 11 years ago
(the gift that keeps on giving!) and we would have been heartbroken had
something happened to her before Melanie returned home for the holidays.
Well, Melanie returned last night and so did Avery! She went from barely
being able to walk to being able to go up and down the stairs in and out of
the house. She was playing hide-and-seek, barking, and flipping around the
house yesterday, almost as if she knew Melanie was returning that night. A
Christmas time miracle? The power of healing drool and family? Finally a
balance in her medication? Whatever it was, we are so happy and thankful to
the droolers who had us in their thoughts and slung extra drool to a
dachshund cousin! Thank you!!!

Emily, on behalf of Avery, sister Melanie, Avery's sister Mackaroni, and
SallyBeans the Basset.