[Dailydrool] How to get a basset to stop following his nose...

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Wed Dec 17 08:27:04 PST 2008

HA!!!   HA, HA, HA, HA!!!!  HA!  HE! TEE HEE!!  HA! HO!  HA!

Sorry, I just...(tee hee)...thought you were kidding (tee hee)...but
you're serious...  Um, let me know how that works out for you...

Seriously, I too fought with mine for a while and thought that with
enough training they would eventually stop grabbing anything edible that
is within their reach and devowering it.  Now that I'm over that, I just
make sure the food is toward the back of the counter, the shelves are
empty of food for the first three or four up from the floor, and if they
get into anything, it's my fault for leaving it where they can reach it.
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that this is just the way of the Basset.  They
have so many other ways that make them so lovable that you tend to
forget about the counter cruising and the carpet stains, and the holes
in your underwear, and your chewed up brand new shoes...again...and you
love them in spite of it.

Jessica L. Sutton