[Dailydrool] an evening out w/the boys

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 09:16:32 PST 2008

so after a great start to our day yesterday, we decided to take the boys to
yappy hour for sd basset rescue.

you may recall that i mentioned our debate prior to going - do we take the
humper or the barker? or both? eek!

well since i had locked the dadslave in weeks ago (knew he wouldnt want to
go the day of so i asked well in advance, hehehe) i decided we would take
both. looking back we probably should have worn em out at the park first,
but hey, hindsight is always 20/20.

we arrive at yappy hour after a 20 minute car ride of non-stop whining.
there are already about 15 bassets there.

unfortunately we didn't last more than 45 minutes and never got pics with
Santa because the humper (Cowboy) decided to be the barker while the barker
(Ru) was a perfect angel. Wth?!

everyone smiled and thought it was cute when Cowboy let out his first howl
but after about 20 howls, people started coming over trying to stuff treats
down his throat, looking at us like we had no control. i don't blame CB
though; it was an on-leash event in a crowded bar/restaurant with 20 other
bassets that he wanted to sniff, chase and of course, hump. i'm sure we were
the talk of the party once we left. Cowboy was definitely "*that dog*" but I
dont care, we wouldnt have it any other way.

kacy w/cow and ru