[Dailydrool] Counter Cruising

bassetmom at frontiernet.net bassetmom at frontiernet.net
Wed Dec 17 09:39:56 PST 2008

We have a counter cruiser too.  He's our 3rd basset, 4th dog and 1st counter cruiser.  We have gates everywhere to try to keep the damage under control.  He's only 9 mo. old, but Toby is just fearless.  When he wants something, he's determined to get it.  The only thing that he responds really well to is the tone on one of those training collars.  It also helps to just wear him out with lots of walks.  And he just can't be left unsupervised.

So I'd love to have Cesar come straighten him/us out too...we try -Toby has to be calm and sit to get petted, he goes down and rolls over to get any food or treats (so cute!!), and we walk him several times a day every day.  But, I'd sure like to just be able to turn my back for 10 seconds and not have to worry about what he's getting into.

Our other basset Rosie is 2 and she's great...she doesn't get into anything anymore...so maybe when Toby is another year or 2 older he will settle down.

Good luck.

Sarah
Basset mom to Toby and Rosie (& Obie ATB)