[Dailydrool] Passing Along A Grrreat COLD WINTER TIP

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Thu Dec 18 09:34:00 PST 2008

Greetings Drool Furrends!

Sandy Gaston gave us the most wonderful tablepile of good things for
Christmas and I want to tell you about this great idea so you might try it  too! A
fun, useable and great new idea that YOU CAN DO TOO FOR YOUR  DOGS!

 This present she gave among others (even thou we were NOT going to do
presents...somehow as usual the Basset Hounds got thoughtful and good useable
things. Like a huge bag of quality FOOD and  Bags of healthy dog cookies  and a
box of Yams...and a tiny stuffed toy for our playfull "Henry" who will  share
tossing i UP UP UP in the air teaching the latest young Rescue  Basset who just
came in. how to throw and try to CATCH!!! lol This rescue  is an outside dog
who chewd  through cable runners they put him out on  because they had no
fence)
Anyhow THAT is another storey. His name WAS Dumbo and now our Rescue  renamed
him "Bow" funny how names do make a difference.

OK...here is what the fun useable and grrreat idea surprise that she gave
for the Basset Hounds!

Aunty Sandy got soft fluffy fleece at Joanne Fabrics  AND GLUE for  fabric
and showed me how she fixed up an even warmer warm coat for her old  Rescue Boy
named "Boxer".  I am having a great time..it is so easy and  really really
WORKS to MAKE A WARMER COAT!

 Take a marker and outline your Bassets dog coat (I am useing T  shirts
along with doing the coats...because we don't have that many coats  and it WORKS
GREAT!)  Take the marked fleece and just cut it to shape and  then glue in onto
the thing you are winterizing...What you are gluing needs to  dry for a
couple of hours.

In fact I even tried it on those wonderful "ADOPT ME" cotton aprons given  to
us Rescues (wow THAT was wonderful too! We use them all the time!)

Winterizing the aprons works great too...especially for the younger  Rescue
year old puppy who is ALWAYS out IN the SNOW and the apron gets  less wet and
cold as the apron and fleece that is glued into the underside of  the
apron...is mostly out of the wet snow!

I thought this was a FANTRASTIC idea to share and hope you like it!

Love and Woofin,
Alexa and Hounds
_www.adoptabasset.net_ (http://www.adoptabasset.net)
PS We don't have everybody up yet...just wait till you see the  Ex  "Dumbo"
now named "Bow" He is wayyyyy cute!As soon as we can we will get a photo  and
Laurelin will post him up there on Petfinder and on our web site!
Arroughs to you and we hope you are all having a good Holiday  Season
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.