[Dailydrool] Displaying howliday cards

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Wed Dec 24 12:29:06 PST 2008

Now that our Elsinore and young Charlie's howliday cards have finally
been put in the mail, I feel as if I can enjoy with a clear conscious
the cards we've been receiving all month.

About the time the first cards began arriving, I realized the
refrigerator needed a good wiping off. Drips, splashes, drool, and
basset eye boogers all over the front. I took off all the photos,
cartoons, and reminders, scrubbed the refrigerator and its magnets,
and realized I had a wonderful blank canvas on which to display this
year's howliday cards. Every day a few more cards arrive and I put
them on the refrigerator, whose front and exposed side are now pretty
well coated with them. If anyone's taking notes for next year, a mid-
sized side-by-side refrigerator can hold the short list. If I were on
the medium list, I'd have to buy a freestanding freezer to hold the
rest of them.

Last year I hung the cards on tinsel garland draped across the
doorways. I think I prefer the refrigerator display better because I
can enjoy the cards right-side up and it's just so neat to see all
those bassets displayed cheek by jowl like that. So many different
colors and bone structures within the one breed! It's hard to
understand why some people think all bassets look alike when each is
so distinctly different.

Elizabeth